Texas Hold’em is the most popular game in the world and is the most played game on our website. We offer both cash games and tournament varieties of the game. Here we will give you the rundown of the gameplay of Texas Hold’em but if you are more of a hands-on learner we encourage you to try our play money games where you can get the hang of it for free.
Texas Hold’em Game Play:
- Blind Pay: At the beginning of each hand, two blinds are placed which are preliminary bets designed to encourage action. The blinds placed (the small blind and the big blind) by the two players directly to the left of the dealer.
- The dealing of the initial cards: Two pocket cards (that can only be seen by each individual player) are dealt, facedown.
- First Round of Betting: Before the flop is dealt the first round of betting begins based on the strength of the original 2 cards dealt. Betting begins with the player on the immediate right of the big blind and ends with the big blind.
- Dealing of the flop: After the first round of betting has been completed. Three cards are dealt face up in the middle of the table. These cards are known as community cards as they are used by all players.
- Second Round of Betting: Betting now begins with the player directly to the right of the dealer and continues around the table.
- Dealing of the turn A fourth community card is placed on the table face up.
- Fourth and Final Betting Round: Players make their final bets based upon their hand strength.
- Showdown: Players showdown their cards to determine the winner of the hand. The player who shows his cards first is the last player in the hand who has made a bet or raise.
- Awarding of the Pot: The player who has made the strongest 5 card hand out of the 7 (2 hole cards and 5 community cards) is awarded the pot.