Three of the best teams in the country will be featured in the ACC Tournament, as the North Carolina Tar Heels, Duke Blue Devils and Virginia Cavaliers battle for the title. Virginia and North Carolina tied for the regular season title and they are the top two seeds, while Duke is the third seed. The Blue Devils could be the team to beat though, as Zion Williamson is expected to return for Duke. Let’s look at the ACC Tournament and picks.
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris Sportsbook!
- Date and Time: March 12-16
- Location: Spectrum Center, Charlotte, NC
- CBB Odds at Betcris: Check Back Later
- ACC Tournament TV Coverage: ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN U
The 2019 NCAA College Basketball ACC Tournament will begin on Tuesday and conclude on Saturday. The first day is a matchup between seeds No. 10 through No. 15. Wednesday will see the No. 5-9 seeds get into action, while we have to wait until Thursday for the top four seeds to play their first games. Let’s look at the schedule and then we’ll make some betting picks.
ACC Tournament Schedule
- Tuesday, March 12
- No. 12 Miami vs. No. 13 Wake Forest at 12 p.m., ESPN
- No. 10 Georgia Tech vs. No. 15 Notre Dame at 2 p.m., ESPN
- No. 11 Boston College vs. No. 14 Pittsburgh at 7 p.m., ESPN
- Wednesday, March 13
- No. 8 NC State vs. No. 9 Clemson at 12 p.m., ESPN
- No. 5 Virginia Tech vs. Winner of No. 12 Miami vs. No. 13 Wake Forest at 2 p.m., ESPN
- No. 7 Louisville vs. Winner of No. 10 Georgia Tech vs. No. 15 Notre Dame at 7 p.m., ESPN2
- No. 6 Syracuse vs. Winner of No. 11 Boston College vs. No. 14 Pittsburgh at 9 p.m., ESPN2
- Thursday, March 14
- No. 1 Virginia vs. Winner of No. 8 NC State vs. No. 9 Clemson at 12:30 p.m., ESPN
- No. 4 Florida State vs. Winner of No. 5 Virginia Tech vs. No. 12 Miami/No. 13 Wake Forest at 2:30 p.m., ESPN
- No. 2 North Carolina vs. Winner of No. 7 Louisville vs. No. 10 Georgia Tech/No. 15 Notre Dame at 7 p.m., ESPN
- No. 3 Duke vs. Winner of No. 6 Syracuse vs. No. 11 Boston College/No. 14 Pittsburgh at 9 p.m., ESPN
- Friday, March 15
- Semifinal No. 1 at 7 p.m., ESPN
- Semifinal No. 2 at 9 p.m., ESPN
- Saturday, March 16
- Championship at 8:30 p.m., ESPN
The first couple of rounds are always full of upsets, so taking the points on Tuesday and Wednesday is worth considering. The game I am focusing on will be Syracuse taking on the winner of Boston College and Pittsburgh. I am not sold on Syracuse doing much in the ACC Tourney or in the NCAA Tournament. I know that many people like to pick Syracuse because of their famous zone defense, but this year’s Orange team is simply not that good. I will take the points and go against Syracuse on Wednesday.
The Thursday matchups should see North Carolina, Virginia and Duke all advance. The one upset could be Florida State falling to Virginia Tech. The Hokies are a very good team capable of beating the Seminoles and the points are worth taking. Florida State beat Virginia Tech in overtime earlier this season.
The semifinals should see Virginia win their half, while it should be yet another battle between Duke and North Carolina in the other game. I expect Virginia to win their game and I think Duke gets revenge over Carolina in the other game. The Blue Devils didn’t have Williamson in the last defeat and he got hurt early in their first loss. With Williamson back in the fold I think Duke will show they are still the best team in the country. I also think Duke will beat Virginia to win the ACC Tournament title.
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, don't forget to like and subscribe.