Following three consecutive losing seasons and the transition from the Dirk Nowitzki era, Dallas Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle, along with general manager Donnie Nelson, and owner Mark Cuban. realized that they had to remake the team into one capable of taking on the rival Houston Rockets. Dallas, like Houston, has put a new emphasis on offense for their success with the NBA odds. The results have been impressive as 20-year old Luca Doncic has led a franchise renaissance. The 2019 NBA Rookie of the Year is now an All Star!
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris!
- Date and Time: Friday, January 31, 2020, 8 p.m. ET
- Location: Toyota Center, Houston, Texas
- Mavericks vs. Rockets NBA Betting Online Odds at Betcris: Check Back Later
- Mavericks vs. Rockets TV Coverage: ESPN
Dallas Mavericks vs. Houston Rockets Overview
Gamblers will want to check the status of NBA scoring champion James Harden of the Rockets, who has been battling a thigh issue this week that has kept his status as questionable.
Houston has covered three of their last four with the NBA odds to now stand at 29-17 straight up, 22-24 against the spread, and 21-25 under the total. The Rockets are in a neck-and-neck race with the Mavericks for first place in the Southwest Division. Houston ranks second in the NBA for scoring offense but 24th for points allowed. Head coach Mike D’Antoni has reverted back to his old ways of high-octane offense with no defense this season after tightening up the back end for the past couple of years,
Dallas has been a good recent value with just one loss to the spread in their last eight games. The Mavericks are 29-17 straight up, 24-19-3 against the spread, and 27-19 over the total. Dallas ranks third in the NBA for scoring offense and 14th for points allowed.
Key Mavericks: SG Luka Doncic (29.0 PTS, 9.6 REB, 8.8 AST, 46.4 FGPCT, 32.2 3PPCT, 76.1 FTPCT), PF Kristaps Porzingis (17.0 PTS, 9.1 REB, 39.9 FGPCT, 34.2 3PPCT, 73.1 FTPCT), SG Tim Hardaway Jr (14.2 PTS, 3.0 REB, 43.1 FGPCT, 39.8 3PPCT, 78.4 FTPCT)
Key Rockets: SG James Harden – day to day – thigh (36.1 PTS, 6.2 REB, 7.3 AST, 43.9 FGPCT, 35.7 3PPCT, 86.1 FTPCT), PG Russell Westbrook – day to day – rest (26.0 PTS, 8.1 REB, 7.4 AST, 45.2 FGPCT, 23.4 FGPCT, 78.2 FTPCT), SG Eric Gordon (16.3 PTS, 2.2 REB, 38.4 FGPCT, 35.6 3PPCT, 72.0 FTPCT)
Dallas and Houston Against the Spread
The Mavericks are:
- 3-3-2 against the spread on the road
- 3-5 under the total in their last eight away games
- 4-6-1 vs. the odds in their last 11 games as a dog
- 2-6 under the total when getting points
- 5-4 on the board in their last nine games at Houston
- 2-4-1 under the total head to head against the Rockets
The Rockets are:
- 5-3 with the spread in their last eight home games
- 3-7 under the total at Toyota Center
- 3-6 vs. the line in their last nine games as a chalk
- 3-6-1 under the total when laying points
- 2-5 on the board in their last seven games agiasnt the Mavericks
- 3-10-1 under the total head to head with Dallas
Dallas has been one of the top surprises in the NBA so far and there is no reason to expect that to change. Houston’s lagging defense is a cause for concern both as far as leaving the back door open as well as for their playoff prospects this spring.
Mavericks vs. Rockets Pick: Bet the Dallas Mavericks
Mavericks vs. Rockets Score Prediction: Mavericks 108, Rockets 103
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, and don't forget to like and subscribe.