Any time that the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers get together memories of the 1980’s and their intense rivalry come to life. Magic Johnson of the Lakers and Larry Bird of the Celtics remain two of the most iconic players in NBA history.
That rivalry between these teams and players helped transform the NBA from a league that had its championship finals series shown on tape delay to the marketing multi-billion-dollar marketing powerhouse that it is today. On Sunday the Lakers and Celtics will renew their rivalry and give us a potential preview of the 2020 NBA Finals.
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris!
Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers
- When is the Celtics vs. Lakers game? Sunday, February 23rd, at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where will the Celtics vs. Lakers game take place? At the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
- Betting on NBA odds at Betcris: Check Back Later
- Where to watch the Celtics vs. Lakers game? TV Coverage: ABC
Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds Overview
Both Boston and LA are popular teams with the betting public. However, the Lakers are often bet way up in price with the NBA odds when they play at home. In that situation, the Lakers are one of the most public teams on the pro basketball board.
Celtics and Lakers Current Form
Boston is third in the Eastern Conference with a record of 38-16 straight up, 32-20-2 against the spread, and 24-30 under the total. Overall NBA rankings have Boston 10th for scoring offense and third for points allowed. The Boston Celtics have failed to deliver the cash in three of their last four games. Coach Brad Stevens is back in his comfort zone with a strong defense and team-oriented game. The departure of Kyrie Irving helped facilitate that.
Los Angeles leads the Western Conference by four games and has a record of 41-12 straight up, 28-24-1 vs. the odds, and 27-26 over the total. The Los Angeles Lakers rank seventh for scoring offense as well as for points allowed. Los Angeles has gotten the money in four of their last six games.
Celtics Key Players and Stats
|PF Jayson Tatum 22.4 PTS / 6.9 REB / 2.9 AST / 44.3 FGPCT / 38.2 3PPCT / 81.3 FTPCT
|PG Kemba Walker 21.8 PTS / 4.1 REB, 5.0 AST / 43.0 FGPCT / 38.8 3PPCT / 86.6 FTPCT
|SG Jaylen Brown 20.2 PTS / 6.4 REB / 2.2 AST / 49.5 FGPCT / 38.1 3PPCT / 74.3 FTPCT
Lakers Key Players and Stats
|PF Anthony Davis 26.6 PTS / 9.2 REB / 3.3 AST / 51.9 FGPCT / 31.6 3PPCT / 85.3 FTPCT
|SF LeBron James 25.0 PTS / 7.8 REB / 10.8 AST / 48.9 FGPCT / 34.5 3PPCT, / 68.7 FTPCT
|PF Kyle Kuzma 12.6 PTS / 4.4 REB / 1.3 AST / 43.7 FGPCT / 3.2 3PPCT / 74.3 FTPCT
Boston and Los Angeles Against the Spread
The Celtics are:
- 5-2 against the spread in their last seven away games
- 5-3 over the total on the road
- 2-1 vs. the line in their last three away games with the Lakers
- 3-2 over the total on the road against Los Angeles
- 11-4 on the board in their last 15 games as a dog
- 2-6 under the total when getting points
The Lakers are:
- 5-7 against the spread when laying points
- 5-2 over the total in their last seven games as a chalk
- 2-4 on the board in their last six games with the Celtics
- 4-0 over the total head to head against Boston
- 5-7-1 with the odds in their last 13 games at Staples Center
- 5-7 under the total at home
Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds Picks
As mentioned earlier all of the handicapping metrics and betting value point towards the Celtics. Boston’s performance on the road, as a dog, and at LA demonstrate that they are in their element for this one. They also boast superior defense.
Celtics vs. Lakers score prediction: Celtics 87, Lakers 97
Celtics vs. Lakers Pick: Bet the Boston Celtics
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, and don't forget to like us on Facebook.