You can bet on the Academy Awards right now at Betcris. Odds are on the board for a number of categories, including Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress and Best Director. The Academy Awards show takes place on Sunday night and can be seen on ABC. Let’s take a look at the odds on the six most popular categories and Academy Awards picks.
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris Sportsbook!
Odds to Win Best Picture
- Roma -525
- Green Book +380
- A Star Is Born +1678
- Black Panther +1800
- Bohemian Rhapsody +3000
- The Favourite +3000
- BlacKkKlansman +5000
- Vice +5000
It would seem that Roma is a given to win the Oscar for Best Picture, but it is hard to lay this type of price.
Odds to Win Best Actor
- Rami Malek, (Bohemian Rhapsody) -2000
- Christian Bale, (Vice) +300
- Bradley Cooper, (A Star Is Born) +5000
- Willem Dafoe, (At Eternity’s Gate) +5000
- Viggo Mortensen, (Green Book) +5000
The odds on this category are one of the biggest on the board, as Rami Malek is a huge favorite. After some of Bale’s recent comments it is almost inconceivable that he has any chance to win. While Malek seems to be a sure thing according to the oddsmakers, I do think that Cooper is worth a flyer at the huge odds of +5000.
Odds to Win Best Actress
- Glenn Close, (The Wife) -650
- Olivia Colman, (The Favourite) +450
- Lady Gaga, (A Star Is Born) +580
- Yalitza Aparicio, (Roma) +3800
- Melissa McCarthy, (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) +5000
Close is the heavy favorite to win this award and there is no reason to think she won’t win. Colman and Gaga simply haven’t gotten enough attention or accolades to beat out Close.
Odds to Win Best Supporting Actor
- Mahershala Ali, (Green Book) -2500
- Richard E. Grant, (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) +750
- Sam Elliott, (A Star Is Born) +1100
- Adam Driver, (BlacKkKlansman) +4000
- Sam Rockwell, (Vice) +4000
This is yet another category where oddsmakers think the Oscar is a lock, as Ali is a huge favorite.
Odds to Win Best Supporting Actress
- Regina King, (If Beale Street Could Talk) -290
- Rachel Weisz, (The Favourite) +300
- Amy Adams, (Vice) +350
- Emma Stone, (The Favourite) +3000
- Marina de Tavira, (Roma) +4000
King is a solid favorite in this category and it is hard to make a case for either Weisz or Adams pulling off the upset.
Odds to Win Best Director
- Alfonso Cuarón, (Roma) -2000
- Spike Lee, (BlacKkKlansman) +700
- Adam McKay, (Vice) +200
- Pawel Pawlikowski, (Cold War) +2000
- Yorgos Lanthimos, (The Favourite) +2576
There doesn’t seem to be any doubt that Cuarón is going to win this award. There is virtually no chance that anyone else will get his Oscar.
Odds are also on the board for the Best Animated Feature, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Foreign Film, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Original Score, Best Original Song, Best Makeup and Hair, Best Costume Design, Best Visual Effects, Best Animated Short, Best Documentary Feature and Best Documentary Short Subject.
Academy Awards Picks
No one likes to lay -2000, but Alfonso Cuarón looks to be a lock to win the Oscar for best director. I am not advocating laying that type of price, but it does look to be the surest bet on the board. If you want a lower price, then taking Glenn Close to win Best Actress seems like a safe bet. She is beloved by the Academy and it would be shocking if she doesn’t win the Oscar. If you are looking for one longshot then I would take Bradley Cooper to win Best Actor. I know that Malek is a huge favorite, but I could see the Academy thumbing their nose at a rock film and giving the Oscar to Cooper for Best Actor.
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, don't forget to like and subscribe.