The College Football Playoff matchup between the Oklahoma Sooners and LSU Tigers offers a stark contrast of two highly successful head coaches. Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley has the distinction of leading the Sooners into the College Football Playoff in all three of his seasons as head coach. And in each of those years Riley also got a transfer quarterback an invite to New York City for the Heisman Trophy presentation. Ed Orgeron was proverbial last one at the bar when LSU hired him in desperation after failing to land Jimbo Fisher or Tom Herman. Orgeron is having the last laugh as he led LSU to an undefeated season with the college football betting odds while watching his own transfer quarterback, Joe Burrow, hoist the Heisman Trophy.
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris!
- Oklahoma Sooners vs. LSU Tigers – Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl
- Date and Time: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 4 p.m. ET
- Location: Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
- Peach Bowl College Football Betting odds at Betcris: Oklahoma +13, LSU -13, Total 76
- Oklahoma vs. LSU TV Coverage: ESPN
Oklahoma Sooners vs. LSU Tigers Betting Analysis
Oklahoma’s past College Football Playoff failures combined with LSU’s top ranking and Heisman winner Burrow make LSU an understandable public betting favorite with the College Football Betting odds.
LSU has a record of 13-0 straight up, 8-5 against the spread and 8-5 over the total. The Bayou Bengals have national metrics of third for scoring offense and 27th for points allowed.
Oklahoma is 12-1 straight up, 5-8 vs. the line and 5-7-1 under the total. The Sooners rank fifth for scoring offense but 50th for points allowed. OU failed to cover five of their final six games heading into this one.
Key Sooners: QB Jalen Hurts (3634 YDS, 71.8% COMP, 11.8 AVG, 32 TD, 7 INT, 21 SACKS, 200.3 RTG, 219 ATT, 1255 YDS, 5.7 AVG, 18 TD), RB Kennedy Brooks (145 ATT, 976 YDS, 6.7 AVG, 5 TD), WR CeeDee Lamb (58 REC, 1208 YDS, 20.8 AVG, 14 TD), PK Gabe Brkic (48-48 XP, 17-17 FG, 99 PTS), LB Kenneth Murray (95 TACKLES, 4 SACKS)
Key Tigers: QB Joe Burrow (4715 YDS, 77.9% COMP, 10.7 AVG, 48 TD, 6 INT, 28 SACKS, 201.5 RTG), RB Clyde Edwards Helaire (197 ATT, 1290 YDS, 6.5 AVG, 16 TD), WR Ja’Marr Chase (73 REC, 1498 YDS, 20.5 AVG, 18 TD), PK Cade York (74-78 XP, 21-25 FG, 137 PTS), S JaCoby Stevens (82 TACKLES, 5 SACKS, 3 INT)
Oklahoma and LSU Vs. The Line
The Sooners are:
- 6-11 against the spread in their last 17 away games
- 1-4 under the total on the road
- 7-2 vs. the line as an underdog
- 5-2 over the total in their last seven games getting points
- 5-4 with the odds in their last nine bowl games
- 2-6 under the total in post season
- 0-1 straight up and against the spread vs. LSU
- 0-1 under the total in their series with the Tigers
The Tigers are:
- 8-2-1 against the spread in their last 11 road games
- 5-2 over the total away from home
- 3-5 on the board in their last eight bowl games
- 4-7 under the total in post season
- 8-3-2 vs. the odds as a favorite
- 2-4 under the total in their last six games as a chalk
In this situation the Sooners are a good team going against a great one. LSU showed strong defense down the stretch and their offense was proven to be unstoppable when facing defenses of far better quality than the Sooners.
Oklahoma vs. LSU Free Pick: LSU Tigers
Oklahoma vs. LSU Score Prediction: LSU 38, Oklahoma 20
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, and don't forget to like and subscribe.