Clemson Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney has come a long way from his days as an interim in-season replacement to the fired Tommy Bowden. Swinney was a wide receiver coach upon that promotion and was not a popular or respected choice. Furthermore, it took five seasons for everything to click into high gear with the College Football Betting Odds. But since 2015 the Tigers have made the College Football Playoff every season with two national titles, including last year. Ryan Day is in his first year as head coach of the Ohio State Buckeyes and is yet to lose after inheriting a turn key champion from Urban Meyer. However, Day has made the Buckeyes better and with a lot less drama than what was the case in Meyer’s final season at the helm.
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris!
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Clemson Tigers – Playstation Fiesta Bowl
- Date and Time: Saturday, December 28, 2019, 8 p.m. ET
- Location: State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
- Fiesta Bowl Betting on College Football Odds at Betcris: Ohio State +2, Clemson -2, Total 63
- Ohio State Vs. Clemson TV Coverage: ESPN
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Clemson Tigers Betting Analysis
Defending national champion Clemson is an understandable favorite with the college football odds as the team that nobody wanted to face in the playoffs. Ohio State will garner public support as a super power dog.
Clemson has a record of 13-0 straight up, 10-3 against the spread and 6-7 under the total. The Tigers finished strong with four consecutive covers even as favored by no less than 27.5-points in those college games. Clemson ranks fourth nationally for scoring offense and first for points allowed.
Ohio State is 13-0 straight up, 9-4 vs. the line and 6-6-1 on totals. The Buckeyes rank first for scoring offense and third for points allowed. OSU ran out of steam on the board with only one payout in their last four games.
Key Buckeyes: QB Justin Fields (2953 YDS, 67.5 COMP, 9.6 AVG, 40 TD, 1 INT, 27 SACKS, 190.3 RTG), RB JK Dobbins (283 ATT, 1829 YDS, 6.5 AVG, 20 TD), WR Chris Olave (46 REC, 799 YDS, 17.4 AVG, 11 TD), PK Blake Haubeil (83-83 XP, 10-12 FG), DE Chris Young (44 TACKLES, 16.5 SACKS)
Key Tigers: QB Trevor Lawrence (3172 YDS, 68.8% COMP, 9.4 AVG, 34 TD, 8 INT, 12 SACK, 176.4 RTG), RB Travis Etienne (182 ATT, 1500 YDS, 8.2 AVG, 17 TD), WR Tee Higgins (52 REC, 1082 YDS, 20.8 AVG, 13 TD), PK BT Porter (74-74, 12-19 FG), LB Isaiah Simmons (93 TACKLES, 6 SACKS, 2 INT)
Ohio State and Clemson Betting Trends
The Buckeyes are:
- 5-2 against the spread in their last seven away games
- 6-2 over the total on the road
- 7-4 vs. the line in their last 11 bowl games
- 3-8 under the total in post season
- 15-2 against the spread as an underdog
- 4-1 over the total when getting points
The Tigers are:
- 8-2 against the spread in their last 10 road games
- 0-5 under the total away from home
- 15-5 vs. the line in their last 20 games as a favorite
- 4-2 over the total when laying points
- 9-1 on the board in their last 10 bowl games
- 3-5 under the total in post season
- 2-0 with the odds against Ohio State
- 1-1 over and under vs. the Buckeyes
As the season progressed Clemson began to demonstrate why they will be difficult to unseat as a powerhouse national champion. Look for that championship pedigree to prevail here.
Ohio State vs. Clemson Free Pick: Clemson Tigers
Ohio State vs. Clemson Score Prediction: Clemson 31, Ohio State 24
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, and don't forget to like and subscribe.