When Ed Orgeron was named LSU head coach the majority fan reaction was utter disgust. The Bayou Bengals were pretty much forced to hire Orgeron as a compromise candidate after other big names refused to take their calls. Now in his third year Orgeron has not only won over the fans but has engineered a new look program that now boasts one of the top offenses in the land with Heisman Trophy candidate Joe Burrow, the transfer quarterback from Ohio State. But now comes the ultimate credibility check. A game at the Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday!
Betcris offers play-by-play NCAAF betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris!
LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Analysis
Gambling action should be relatively even on both sides. While the Alabama brand is among the most respected on the board in any sport a touchdown lay against a quality LSU team should keep betting split and honest.
LSU Tigers Current Form
LSU is 8-0 straight up, 5-3 against the spread, and 5-3 over the total. LSU is coming off a bye week that followed a 23-20 win over Auburn as 11.5-point home overlays. The Bayou Bengals rank fourth for total offense, second for passing offense and fourth for points scored. Defensively LSU ranks 23rd both overall and for points allowed.
Alabama Crimson Tide Current Form
Alabama is 8-0 straight up, 4-4 vs. the odds, and 4-4 on totals. Last time out for the Crimson Tide was a 48-7 home payout over Arkansas followed with a bye. National metrics have Bama ranked ninth for total offense and second for points allowed. By contrast the Tide defense ranks 16th in the land and ninth for points allowed.
- QB Joe Burrow (2805 YDS, 78.8% COMP, 10.8 AVG, 30 TD, 4 INT, 15 SACK, 204.5 RTG)
- RB Clyde Edwards Helaire (115 ATT, 683 YDS, 5.9 AVG, 8 TD)
- WR Justin Jefferson (55 REC, 819 YDS, 14.9 AVG, 9 TD)
- PK Cade York (45-48 XP, 11-13 FG)
Key Crimson Tide:
- QB Tua Tagovailoa (2166 YDS, 74.7% COMP, 11.2 AVG, 27 TD, 2 INT, 8 SACK, 212.4 RTG)
- RB Najee Harris (108 ATT, 642 YDS, 5.9 AVG, 5 TD)
- WR DeVonta Smith (43 REC, 721 YDS, 16.8 AVG, 9 TD)
- PK Joseph Bulovas (29-30 XP, 5-7 FG)
- LB Shane Lee (50 TACKLES 3.5 SACKS)
- LB Anfernee Jennings (48 TACKLES, 4 SACKS)
LSU and Alabama Against the Spread
The Tigers are:
- 8-2 against the spread in their last 10 away games
- 4-2 over the total on the road
- 2-3-2 vs. the odds at Alabama
- 2-4-2 under the total at Bryant Denny Stadium
- 9-4 with the odds on the road against SEC teams
- 4-7 under the total as a visitor vs. the SEC
The Crimson Tide Are:
- 5-4 against the spread in their last nine home games
- 4-3 over the total at Bryant Denny Stadium
- 5-2-1 on the board head to head with LSU
- 0-7-3 under the total in their series with the Bayou Bengals
- 8-6 vs. the line when hosting SEC competition
- 2-4 under the total at Bryant Denny Stadium vs. the SEC
In this situation home field should prove to be the edge. As was previously noted LSU struggles to get the money at Bryant Denny Stadium. Additionally, the Tide should hold the defensive advantage.
LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Best Bet: Alabama Crimson Tide 31-20
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, and don't forget to like and subscribe.