Prior to a two-week suspension for taking a personal loan from a family friend Ohio State Buckeyes defensive end Chase Young was being touted as a bona fide Heisman Trophy candidate. And why not, Young has terrorized opposing quarterbacks and coaches with 13.5 sacks in eight games so far this season. Ohio State has been cranking cash with the College football odds as they look like the most complete team in the land. However, on Saturday the Buckeyes face a supreme test as the Penn State Nittany Lions come calling. Head coach James Franklin’s Nits have one of the top defenses in the land and a balanced offense that keeps defenses honest and guessing.
Betcris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at Betcris!
- Date and Time Saturday, November 23, 2019, Noon ET
- Location Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
- College Football Betting Odds at Betcris: Penn State +19, Ohio State -19, total 59
- Penn State vs. Ohio State TV Coverage FOX
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Analysis
Bargain hunters will give Penn State a solid look for this one as the Nittany Lions epitomize the definition of a quality road dog with the college football odds. By contrast the Buckeyes are attractive in their own right with a level of dominant play that nobody else in the nation has matched.
Penn State Nittany Lions Current Form
Penn State has a record of 9-1 straight up, 5-5 against the spread, and 5-5 on totals. Last week the Nittany Lions held off Indiana 34-27 at 15-point overlays. PSU has national metrics of 15th for scoring offense and seventh for points allowed.
Ohio State Buckeyes Current Form
Last week Ohio State won at Rutgers 56-21 as 52-point overlays. OSU is now 10-0 straight up, 8-2 vs. the odds, and 5-4-1 over the total. Overall the Buckeyes rank number one in the nation for both scoring offense and points allowed.
Key Nittany Lions QB Sean Clifford (2450 YDS, 59.6% COMP, 8.7 AVG, 22 TD, 6 INT, 19 SACK, 154.0 RTG, 97 ATT, 374 YDS, 3.9 AVG, 5 TD,), RB Journey Brown (86 ATT, 521 YDS, 6.1 AVG, 6 TD), WR KJ Hamler (46 REC, 791 YDS, 17.2 AVG, 8 TD), PK Jake Pinegar (45-46 XP, 9-10 FG), LB Micah Parsons (75 TACKLES, 2 SACKS)
Key Buckeyes QB Justin Fields (2164 YDS, 69.1% COMP, 9.4 AVG, 31 TD, 1 INT, 18 SACK, 191.8 RTG), RB JK Dobbins (183 RSH, 1289 YDS, 7.0 AVG, 13 TD), WR Chris Olave (37 REC, 593 YDS, 16.0 AVG, 9 TD), PK Blake Haubeil (67-67 XP, 8-10 FG), LB Malik Harrison (52 TACKLES, 4.5 SACKS), DE Chase Young (20 TACKLES, 13.5 SACKS)
Penn State and Ohio State Against the Spread
The Nittany Lions Are:
- 6-3 against the spread in their last nine away games
- 0-5 under the total on the road
- 2-3 vs. the line at Ohio State
- 3-2 over the total vs. the Buckeyes at Ohio Stadium
- 10-5 on the board in road games vs. Big Ten teams
- 1-5 under the total away from home vs. the Big Ten
The Buckeyes Are:
- 8-4 against the spread in their last 12 home games
- 3-5 under the total at Ohio Stadium
- 7-6 on the board when hosting Big Ten opponents
- 3-6 under the total at Ohio Stadium vs. the Big Ten
- 1-4 vs. the odds head to head with Penn State
- 1-3 under the total in games vs. the Nittany Lions
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Ohio State Buckeyes College Football Best Bets
Penn State is a very good NCAA football team. But Ohio State is a nuclear super power with elite status this year. Most important of all the Bucks are getting the cash far more often than the Nits.
Penn State vs. Ohio State Best Bet: Ohio State Buckeyes
Penn State vs. Ohio State Best Bet Score Prediction: Ohio State 42, Penn State 20
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, and don't forget to like and subscribe.