It is less than a month before the Breeders’ Cup at Churchill Downs on November 2 and 3 and odds are on the board for the Breeders’ Cup Classic. Accelerate is listed as the 2-1 favorite to win the feature race. There have been some changes in the latest Breeders’ Cup Classic odds.
As one of the top contenders, Diversify is coming off a bad race and his odds have gone up. Let’s look at the latest Breeders’ Cup odds.
BetCris offers play-by-play betting odds for live sporting events every day! The user-friendly wagering interface on your smartphone provides an easy way to place bets on the go. Mobile betting lines are updated by the minute, so click here to start gambling on thrilling live action at BetCris!
Bet the Breeders’ Cup at BetCris
Odds to Win 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic
- Accelerate 2-1
- Catholic Boy 5-1
- Good Magic 5-1
- McKinzie 6-1
- Diversify 7-1
- West Coast 8-1
- Mendelssohn 9-
- Hofburg 14-1
- Gunnevera 15-1
- Thunder Snow 16-1
- Collected 17-1
- Tenfold 18-1
- Pavel 20-1
- Yoshida 20-1
- Bravazo 25-1
- Gronkowski 25-1
- King Zachary 35-1
- Mind Your Biscuits 35-1
- Ax Man 40-1
- Backyard Heaven 40-1
- Core Beliefs 40-1
- Elate 40-1
- Hoppertunity 40-1
- Seeking The Soul 40-1
- Vino Rosso 40-1
- Take Your Guns 45-1
- Tiz Mischief 45-1
- City Of Light 50-1
- Discreet Lover 50-1
- Honorable Duty 50-1
- Instilled Regard 50-1
- Rugbyman 50-1
- Tapwrit 50-1
- Telekinesis 50-1
- Always Dreaming 60-1
Accelerate is coming off a win in the Awesome Again Stakes at Santa Anita. The horse is without question the top horse in the handicap division and a deserving favorite to win the Breeders’ Cup Classic. You can almost throw a net around the next six horses in the betting. Catholic Boy and Good Magic are listed at odds of 5-1, while McKinzie is 6-1. Diversify is listed at 7-1, West Coast is 8-01 and Mendelssohn is 9-1.
Breeders’ Cup Classic Contenders
The focus in the Breeders’ Cup will be on Accelerate who is trained by John Sadler and ridden by Joel Rosario. The horse is the top one in California and won the Santa Anita Handicap, Gold Cup and Pacific Classic.
McKinzie is trained by Bob Baffert and ridden by Mike Smith. He returned from a long layoff to win the Pennsylvania Derby.
Catholic Boy is trained by Jonathan Thomas and ridden by Javier Castellano. He looked good in winning the Travers Stakes at Saratoga
West Coast is trained by Bob Baffert and ridden by Javier Castellano. He was second to Accelerate in the Awesome Again.
Mendelssohn is trained by Aidan O'Brien and ridden by Ryan Moore. He finished third in the Jockey Club Gold Cup.
Odds for the other Breeders’ Cup races will be posted shortly. Another race that already has odds posted is the Breeders’ Cup Turf where Enable is listed as the even money favorite. Enable is set to run the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in France on Sunday. There is a big gap in the Turf odds, as the co-second choices in the betting are Channel Maker and Glorious Empire at odds of 8-1. Channel Maker won the Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Stakes, while Glorious Empire won the Sword Dancer Invitational.
This will be the 35th running of the Breeders’ Cup, with 14 races over two days. There are five races on Friday, November 2 and nine races on Saturday, November 3. There is $30 million in purses and the action will be televised by NBC and NBCSN.
2018 Breeders’ Cup
- Friday, November 2nd
- Race, Age, Distance, Purse
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint, 2yo, 5 1-2 furlongs (T), $1,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, 2yo, 1 mile (T), $1,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies, 2yo, 1 1-16 miles $2,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf, 2yo, 1 mile (T) $1,000,000
- Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile, 2yo, 1 1-16 miles, $2,000,000
- Saturday, November 3rd
- Breeders' Cup Filly Mare Sprint, 3yo Up, 7 furlongs, $1,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint, 3yo Up, 5 1-2 furlongs (T), $1,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile, 3yo Up, 1 mile, $1,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Filly Mare Turf, 3yo Up, 1 3-8 miles (T), $2,000,000
- TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint, 3yo Up, 6 furlongs, $2,000,000
- Breeders' Cup Mile, 3yo Up, 1 mile (T), $2,000,000
- Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff, 3yo Up, 1 1-8 miles, $2,000,000
- Longines Breeders' Cup Turf, 3yo Up, 1 1-2 miles, $4,000,000
- Breeders’ Cup Classic, 3yo Up, 1 1-4 miles, $6,000,000
Check out our sports videos to get the latest news and game analysis, don't forget to like and subscribe.